Can't find plugin method Valentina.Version as string

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Sep 9 10:28:33 CDT 2006

On 9/9/06 9:40 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> Taking my first baby steps with V4RB2.4. In the logging part of my
> app there is some code like the following
>
>    LogItem "App Version: " + app.shortVersion, ""
>    LogItem "App Build: " + str(app.NonReleaseVersion), ""
>    LogItem "Realbasic Version: " + RBVersionString, ""
>    LogItem "Valentina Version: " + ValentinaVersion, ""
>    LogItem "MBS Version: " + MBSPluginVersion, ""
>    LogItem "System Version: " + OSVersionStrMBS, ""
>
> In the conversion guide it's noted to replace ValentinaVersion by
> Valentina.Version. After doing this I get a nice exception
>
> plugin.cpp: 7487
> Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypointName, out)
> Can't find plugin method Valentina.Version as string

Have you try to run any Valentina 2 example?
Does it work in your RB?

If not, then may be you have 2 plugins in plugins folder?
You need remove V4RB1 plugin

> After simplification and the addition of the Valentina start stuff,
> the assertion is still there. Before I put more time on this I would
> like to know, if this is a Valentina or a Realbasic issue.
>
> Is there any possibility to sort of weak link to Valentina.Version?
>
> Realbasic 2006R6, V4RB2.4.1 Mach-O

You need install V4RB Carbon first of all.
This is pointed in ReadMe V4RB(Macho).rtf

Your main work for now should be with V4RB Carbon.
Archive V4RB Macho you can use on final step of release build.