Can't find plugin method Valentina.Version as string

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Sep 9 08:40:23 CDT 2006

Taking my first baby steps with V4RB2.4. In the logging part of my
app there is some code like the following

   LogItem "App Version: " + app.shortVersion, ""
   LogItem "App Build: " + str(app.NonReleaseVersion), ""
   LogItem "Realbasic Version: " + RBVersionString, ""
   LogItem "Valentina Version: " + ValentinaVersion, ""
   LogItem "MBS Version: " + MBSPluginVersion, ""
   LogItem "System Version: " + OSVersionStrMBS, ""

In the conversion guide it's noted to replace ValentinaVersion by
Valentina.Version. After doing this I get a nice exception

plugin.cpp: 7487
Failure Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypointName, out)
Can't find plugin method Valentina.Version as string

After simplification and the addition of the Valentina start stuff,
the assertion is still there. Before I put more time on this I would
like to know, if this is a Valentina or a Realbasic issue.

Is there any possibility to sort of weak link to Valentina.Version?

Realbasic 2006R6, V4RB2.4.1 Mach-O

Another question: If I have the Macho-O Version in the plugin folder
but forgot to change the build settings from "Mac OS X/Classic" to
"Mac OS X only", is the application supposed to crash on start?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.