AppleScript and JavaScript

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 22 14:37:11 CDT 2006

On 22.10.2006 14:06, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

>> AppleScript we did have in v1.
> €€€€
> I know there are technical reasons why this is a problem but I'd
> still like to see direct access so I could do inserts from an
> Applescript. I have specific reasons for this but I realise you can't
> do requests like this for a single developer.

There is no way for db OSAX.
Must exists Application like Valentina Studio.

AppleScript is major feature of MAC OS for automation of few apps.

>> Right now we integrate JavaScript into Valentina Studio to make it
>> scriptable on all platforms.
>> JavaScript is used for example in Adobe inDesign also
>> Does JS cover AS features for your tasks ?
> €€€€
> Interesting you should mention InDesign because this is exactly why I
> want AS support - I move data to and from ID and the DB. It may be
> possible to use JS - I just have to learn it:)

I think I see now where JS will loose to AS.

AppleScript has single engine of execution - OS X.

Vstudio and ID have each own engine. So you can execute JS script inside of
VS, and inside of ID. But I don't know how to make them working together...
May be only via export of info into text files.