Newbie

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Sun Oct 22 20:31:11 CDT 2006

G'day Ruslan,

> You mean that PgSQL4RB classes are better of RBDB API?
> Or of Valentina API?
it's better than both. It is very different to either RBDB or
Valentina. It is written entirely in RB and is based around a socket
connection and caches. It's what databinding in RB should be because
it actually works and is full featured. It has a wonderful logging
option also.  Marc (the author) said he couldn't do a MySQL version
because of licensing - I wonder whether he'd consider a Valentina
version.

If you haven't seen it you should take a look.  http://aliacta.com/
products/pgsql4rb.htm

> Such discussions can give all to use benefits because if somebody
> will point
> really useful feature, we always will be happy add it to Valentina.
CLI client and direct Applescript access:)

>> The example file I'm working on is not 'polished' and I've started
>> working on a real project so I don't know when I'll get back to
>> cleaning it up.
> :-) experience show that never.
probably :)

> Btw, I still think using of RB listboxes is danger.
I thinks it's important to have a demo which shows stuff with the
built in controls. People can venture off  (to plugins) after this if
the performance is inadequate.

cheers

kim