Newbie

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 22 13:42:20 CDT 2006

On 22.10.2006 13:31, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

Hi Kim,

> G'day Ruslan,
>
>> You mean that PgSQL4RB classes are better of RBDB API?
>> Or of Valentina API?
> €€€€
> it's better than both. It is very different to either RBDB or
> Valentina.

Okay, lets take a look. :)

> It is written entirely in RB and is based around a socket
> connection and caches.

You like this?  Yes was smart idea.
Now Norman have use it for OpenBase driver.

> It's what databinding in RB should be because
> it actually works and is full featured. It has a wonderful logging
> option also.  Marc (the author) said he couldn't do a MySQL version
> because of licensing - I wonder whether he'd consider a Valentina
> version.

Unlikely. Problem is that mySQL and Postgre protocol is very simple.
On 20-30 commands.

So Marc have take this protocol and implement it in RB code.

Valentina protocol support about 800 commands. We self not monkey to write
it manually, so we now have auto-gnerator of sources for Vclient,
Similar to idl of MS COM or CORBA.

> If you haven't seen it you should take a look.  http://aliacta.com/
> products/pgsql4rb.htm

So up to know I do not hear WHERE it is better. :-)