DIrector CD Packaging

Michael Bedar mike at bedar.net
Wed Mar 8 18:52:01 CST 2006

I'm using Valentina for the first time, and I was wondering if anyone
had any guides or pointers to setting up a Director Hybrid CD that
uses Valentina.. I develop on a Mac, and I use Toast to make a Win/
Mac Hybrid CD, which I have down pretty well, but I'm not sure what
to do with the vComponents Folder.

 From what I have been reading, I need to include the contents of the
vComponets for both Win and Mac on the respective partitions on the
CD... and I have a few questions about this..

First, can I download these files in a zip archive anywhere?  Seems
strange that I have to install on 2 platforms to get all the files i
need...

Second, Do all these files really have to be in the root directory of
the CD?  Is there no way to hide them?  I will have stub projectors
for the PC/Mac, each of which will load the main DIR file.. do the
vComponents files need to be in the same directory as the projector,
or of the file that is making the first Valentina call? I suppose a
quick and dirty solution could be an alias..

Also, Are all the files required? The docs hint that some may not be.
I really did not expect to be including 30-40 megs of application
files and would like to minimize the size hit as much as possible.

Last, what are  msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll?  are they part of
Valentina?

Thanks!

--
Michael Bedar