Okay, lets use ICU and 10.3 as is some time more...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 28 13:20:49 CDT 2006

On 6/28/06 1:12 PM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

>> I have spend few days port from C++ ICU to C ICU in hope to get more simple
>> configuration for all us.
>>
>> Instead small trap -- absent of regex C function in OS X 10.3 become show
>> stopper. Attempt to workaround this trap will only add troubles.
>>

> Ok Ruslan, as usual you did your best, big thank you for that!
>
> now, may I remind you that unicode paths to the ICU Library crash the
> application?
>
> Is there really no way to prevent this?

IF we'd be able to use ICU form OS X then this automatically solve problem
with this path, because it simply go away.

> (what an irony that a libary meant to solve international language issues
> stumbles exactly on this!)

Yes...because function

    u_SetDataFilder( char* )

Do not accept Unicode path. At least I have not get success.

Deborah say that it should...may be they have fix this for ICU 3.4.
But for 2.4 release I will not switch ICU.

I will start play with new ICU on both platforms AFTER 2.4 build.