Okay, lets use ICU and 10.3 as is some time more...

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Wed Jun 28 12:53:02 CDT 2006

on 28-06-2006 12:20, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> On 6/28/06 1:12 PM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>

>> (what an irony that a libary meant to solve international language issues
>> stumbles exactly on this!)
>
> Yes...because function
>
> u_SetDataFilder( char* )
>
> Do not accept Unicode path. At least I have not get success.

Well, I'm not aware of many things...
but couldn't you intercept this path and convert it into an urlpath or
something?

(just can't believe we're stuck on this one!)

> Deborah say that it should...may be they have fix this for ICU 3.4.
> But for 2.4 release I will not switch ICU.
>
> I will start play with new ICU on both platforms AFTER 2.4 build.

OK, I know you really did what you could...
...but I can't help feeling sad having to cope with bug reports on this
subject... really hard to explain to angry customers

Cool Runnings,
Erne.
--