VServer Questions

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 15 08:32:23 CDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Russ Tyndall wrote:

> Trevor, just curious:
>
> When you logout of the ID, does Vserver terminate?
>
> Also, when you close the Terminal session, does it terminate?
>
> On my OS X.4.6 installation, Vserver starts up when the machine
> boots up and
> remains open until a user logs out.  If I start it up from
> terminal, it
> quits when I quit the terminal session. This happens even though
> the Vserver
> process is running as Root.
>
> I would love to know how to get it to start and stay "up" whether
> someone
> logs in/logs off, etc.. I'm sure there is some way to do it via
> terminal or
> by adjusting some unix setting(s) on OS X --- but I haven't
> stumbled across
> it yet.

I just started playing with VServer so I haven't experimented with
this.  This works for me though (VServer stays open after closing
terminal window):

sudo echo
sudo /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Office/VServer_Office start &

I got this example from http://www.entropy.ch/software/MacOSx/mysql/

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - http://www.bluemangolearning.com