VServer Questions

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 15 11:23:49 CDT 2006

On 6/15/06 10:24 AM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> Worked - I tried VServer_Office last night but got an unbound
> variable warning.  The "start" was the missing piece.  I ended up
> trashing the master db and using this in the terminal:
>
> sudo /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Office/VServer_Office start
>
> When I started the server without sudo I got an error about not being
> able to use ConsoleMessage.

Trevor, just curious:

When you logout of the ID, does Vserver terminate?

Also, when you close the Terminal session, does it terminate?

On my OS X.4.6 installation, Vserver starts up when the machine boots up and
remains open until a user logs out.  If I start it up from terminal, it
quits when I quit the terminal session. This happens even though the Vserver
process is running as Root.

I would love to know how to get it to start and stay "up" whether someone
logs in/logs off, etc.. I'm sure there is some way to do it via terminal or
by adjusting some unix setting(s) on OS X --- but I haven't stumbled across
it yet.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC