[V4RB] GoToRecID(xx)

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Mon Jul 10 18:54:05 CDT 2006

I don't understand what you people are stumbling on, the property is already
there, VTable.RecID, why type 7 chars more to get the same thing???

Not sure about this with raising an exeption though, but if you need to be
sure there is the RecordExists function. Currently if you "assign" a RecID
that doesn't exist the current recods doesn't change, however if you assign
0 it changes to 0 - I can't really tell if this is good or bad, but I see no
need for a bloat function that aleady exists. Well that's my opinion anyhow.

If you want to set a current record: tbl.RecID = n
If you want to know the current record n = tbl.RecID
If you want to know if it exists: if tbl.RecordExists(n) then ...

Why making it complicated, or is it that it's too easy so the mind makes it
complicated?

Regards,

Joakim