[V4RB] GoToRecID(xx)

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Mon Jul 10 12:34:55 CDT 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/8/06 1:30 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, in fact METHOD
>>>
>>>     tbl.Goto( inRecID ) as Boolean
>>>
>>> Do more job than property. It also can check if such record
>>> exists and
>>> return bool result...
>>

>> Please don't force that interface style on us.
>
> Sorry, Charles, I have not catch your point of view ?
>
> You against to add such method ? Why ?

Why do it that way?  We could have a property VTable.CurrentRecID as
Integer.  If you try to assign a bad value to CurrentRecID, then the
function could either return or raise an exception; since it is easy
to check CurrentRecID as needed, I favor the former, reserving an
exception for other problems.

Charles Yeomans