Vstudio dump create and load

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 7 00:52:39 CDT 2006

On 7/6/06 10:29 PM, "Pierre Rossel" <prossel2 at myrealbox.com> wrote:

>> First of all, show your problems here, step by step.
>
> - converted DB as above
> - Upgraded V4MD 1.1 to 2.3
> - changed code in application to use the new xtra functions and objects.
> - on windows, no problem
> - same DB, on mac, application quits when I AddRecord([...])
> - tried to diagnose DB on windows (which is where I have a license for
> vstudio): no problem.
> - lots of time and tests to track the problem until I downloaded vstudio for
> mac.
> - vstudio mac shows several errors. Most of them gone when rebuilding index,
> defrag and compact
> - last error was on a record which has more data than the field allows
> - edited data with vstudio mac to stay within limits
> - no more problems with mac diagnostics
> - copied the mac db back to windows
> - run vstudio win and diagnostic: errors again on indexes

Do you use any
    a) boolean fields?
    b) byte fields that are indexed?

In both of these issues we have fix bugs for 2.4 betas

> The xml stuff came later. I suspected some corruption in the DB, so I wanted
> to try to export data, create a clean DB and then import data back.

Take a point.

You have todo 2 main steps:

1) port you PROJECT and code to 2.3.
    this is point to start.
    with this you get code which can create NEW db in 2.x format
    fill and work with it.

    DOES THIS step have any problems?

2) when above is ready, you need do second step:

    convert EXISTED 1.x dbs to 2.x format,
    and MAY BE update their structure.