Vstudio dump create and load

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Thu Jul 6 21:29:51 CDT 2006

> I have not catch, you convert 1.x to 2.x using XML ???

No.

> You need to use db.Convert_1_2()

I used vstudio to convert my DB 1.1 to 2.3.

> First of all, show your problems here, step by step.

- converted DB as above
- Upgraded V4MD 1.1 to 2.3
- changed code in application to use the new xtra functions and objects.
- on windows, no problem
- same DB, on mac, application quits when I AddRecord([...])
- tried to diagnose DB on windows (which is where I have a license for
vstudio): no problem.
- lots of time and tests to track the problem until I downloaded vstudio for
mac.
- vstudio mac shows several errors. Most of them gone when rebuilding index,
defrag and compact
- last error was on a record which has more data than the field allows
- edited data with vstudio mac to stay within limits
- no more problems with mac diagnostics
- copied the mac db back to windows
- run vstudio win and diagnostic: errors again on indexes

The xml stuff came later. I suspected some corruption in the DB, so I wanted
to try to export data, create a clean DB and then import data back.

Pierre Rossel

PS: sorry for the Vstudio bugs reported here. I now subscribed to the
valentina-studio list for subsequent discussions.