Vstudio dump create and load

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 7 16:43:46 CDT 2006

> Do you use any
>     a) boolean fields?

Yes, indexed

>     b) byte fields that are indexed?

Yes, indexed too.

> In both of these issues we have fix bugs for 2.4 betas

OK, I think I should give it a try.

> 1) port you PROJECT and code to 2.3.
>     this is point to start.

OK, done.

>     with this you get code which can create NEW db in 2.x format
>     fill and work with it.

This is something I would like to avoid. Because the database has 12 tables
with 3 to 17 fields in each. It has been build by hand with Valentina Studio
as the project progressed. That is too much work to recreate it by hand and
be sure not to miss a flag.

I tried to dump the structure as sql, create a new database and import the
dump, but this crashes valentina studio. Just tried with XML dump of
structure and it seems to work. I'll continue in this direction.

>     DOES THIS step have any problems?

Apart from the crash of vstudio when loading sql dump, no.

> 2) when above is ready, you need do second step:
>
>     convert EXISTED 1.x dbs to 2.x format,
>     and MAY BE update their structure.

I have to convert my original database. It is filled with thousands of
records which I won't enter again by hand in a new fresh database.

Pierre Rossel