Kernel error 0x99000 on Vvarchar fields

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Sat Feb 25 12:44:58 CST 2006

Hi,

Ruslan, I have a second corrupt file as a result of a crash.
Valentina Studio can't fix it this time. The Diagnose shows only the
following:

.....> DBStorage:
.....> VolumeOnFile: /Users/stan/Desktop/iCash/From 3.1.2/AmDom copy.vdb

All right!  ( VolumeOnFile: /Users/stan/Desktop/iCash/From 3.1.2/
AmDom copy.vdb )

All right!  ( DBStorage: )

I can reindex with Valentina Studio but if I try to clone, Valentina
Studio crashes as well.

Trying to dump the database as XML, it also crashes when saving a
table called tblFavorites. If I try to diagnose that particular table
I get a Kernel error 0x99000. I then tried to diagnose the
tblFavorites table only and I got again a Kernel error 0x99000. So I
tried to diagnose individual fields. I got a Kernel error 0x99000 for
2 Vvarchar, 'Favorite_Comment' and 'Favorite_Type_Ref'.

Same with tblTransGroup table, I got a Kernel error 0x99000 for the
whole table diagnose and then Vvarchar fields again,
'TransGroup_AccountCreditedAlt', 'TransGroup_AccountDebitedAlt'.

Seems the corruption has affected VVarcChar fields only.

The file is available here: http://www.maxprog.com/misc/valentina/
corruption_problem_2.zip

~/Stan