[V4RB] Valentina #626688: Internal error & Valentina Studio wonders

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 21:55:50 CST 2006

Hi,

What Ruslan was expecting from me 2 months ago, I created a database
and got a crash a few minutes later. When trying to load the database
again I got a 'Valentina #626688: Internal error' exception. So, I
finally created a corrupt file.

However, I can open the file with Valentina Studio, reindex it and
run diagnose, showed no problems however when I tried to dump it as
XML I got a Kernel error: Oxffffffc3. Anyway, I closed Valentina Studio.

Right after I tried to load the file again with my app just in case
and BOOM it just loads fine... it has been repaired huh?

Your Valentina Studio app is magic, how could I add that magic to my
app? :)

Well, jokes apart, I think you would like to see the corrupt file and
the fixed file to know what's up with them, why Valentina Studio is
able to open it and not my app...and what was the problem... corrupt
index maybe? They are both available here:

http://www.maxprog.com/misc/valentina/corruption_problem.zip

~/Stan