LocaleName (Rephrase)

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed Dec 13 14:31:09 CST 2006

> > db opens? So if I set this I only need to do it once, preferable at
> > install or first time open only, I think.
>
> Yes.
> Again,  if you work with UTF16 data you don't need to set
> neither - I/O Encoding nor Storage encoding.

Ok but can you explain this, I have in database in VarChar Czech text, this
display correct before, but now some czech character don't display correct.
As far as I know I have had UTF-16 all time from beginning. I have changed
LocaleName back and forth a few times but that's all I think.

I can't recall excatly though (an dit's not suitable to test now for me) if
it was just when I had changed all possible settings in XP to be like Czech
except for Windows which is English version. This state I had when adding
the Czech data into database, so maybe it is displite UTF-16 storage AND
Unicode control to see some language characters you much have such locale
set on computer e.g. having chech version of Windows as most extreme or
change language setting in XP?

I am just a bit confused on this as I though Unicode mean you can always see
all kind of language if correctly stored and control support it but not?

I don't have asian or arabic in db but cryllic types like Czech, Slovak,
Greek etc. and each time enter such language into db I have change all XP
settings to that language, as I don't have all these windows versions but it
should be enough right?

/Joakim