LocaleName (Rephrase)

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com
Wed Dec 13 15:50:56 CST 2006

Hello Joakim,

>> > db opens? So if I set this I only need to do it once, preferable at
>> > install or first time open only, I think.
>>
>> Yes.
>> Again,  if you work with UTF16 data you don't need to set
>> neither - I/O Encoding nor Storage encoding.
>>
> Ok but can you explain this, I have in database in VarChar Czech text, this
> display correct before, but now some czech character don't display correct.

Displayed where? In VStudio?

> I can't recall excatly though (an dit's not suitable to test now for me) if
> it was just when I had changed all possible settings in XP to be like Czech
> except for Windows which is English version. This state I had when adding
> the Czech data into database, so maybe it is displite UTF-16 storage AND
> Unicode control to see some language characters you much have such locale
> set on computer e.g. having chech version of Windows as most extreme or
> change language setting in XP?

> I am just a bit confused on this as I though Unicode mean you can always see
> all kind of language if correctly stored and control support it but not?

Probably it is just some font glitches?

> I don't have asian or arabic in db but cryllic types like Czech, Slovak,
> Greek etc. and each time enter such language into db I have change all XP
> settings to that language, as I don't have all these windows versions but it
> should be enough right?

Seems   to   be   so.  It's not so often operation for me :) But AFAIK
there was  some  issue  with  rebooting  XP  -  only then settings will be
applied.
I'm not sure.

 Ivan                            mailto:ivan_smahin ÎÁ valentina-db.com