Dump-Load dump and binary links

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Mon Dec 4 13:25:53 CST 2006

> > Hmm I just got confused by the sentence as it give the
> impression that
> > XML is better then SQL dump as it correct ObjectPtr values, just as
> > SQL doesn't do this?
>
> Historically in v1 was only XML dump.
> In v2 we have add ability of SQL dump also.
>
> Both this ways as FULL dump of the whole db, must be able
> restore database and in the correct state of course.

Well they don't neither of them. Sql dump loads but leave table with object
pointer empty, and all links to records are broken only Link deffinations
there.

XML doesn't load at all, just hangs, I even try to increase cache to 500MB
but only thing happen is that my program occupy 523MB memory (in Program
Manger) and use 50% CPU and is tagged ""Not Responding" in PM. This happen
after just a few seconds as my Hourglass icon dissapears.

Initially though I got critical automation error and by log was able to
track this to two bad datetime field values, but after correcting those and
I did clone old dbs into new, it just hang on XML LoadDump.

Funny thing is when error Valentina managed to put almost 30Mb of 50 to
disk, but after error correction and clone she now only put 15Mb on disc.
Open db has no structure however. I think this dbs maybe too big, 500 000
records and 50Mb? By the way on clone size shrik with 7Mb but dumps are
identical, also same number physical records. A second thought is that it
might be related to same problem with ObjectPtr as in SQL Dumb, just
different result?

Regards,
Joakim