Dump-Load dump and binary links

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sun Dec 3 23:14:03 CST 2006

> > I wonder about dumps and binary links. Docs say about XML dump "XML
> > dump is very useful as it allows you to safely dump a database with
> > ObjectPtr fields.
> > On loading this information into a new database, Valentina will
> > automatically correct values of ObjectPtr fields in related tables."
>

> > Is this true for binary links as well?
>
> Yes should be true.
> The same all for SQL dump.

Hmm I just got confused by the sentence as it give the impression that XML
is better then SQL dump as it correct ObjectPtr values, just as SQL doesn't
do this?

> Wait, you cannot load XML dump into db which have records...

I realized that :-)

But what about if I dump just records, they can't either be Loaded into a
dbs with existing records, or if I will lose binary links?

/Joakim