Casting VObjectPtr

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Aug 28 08:42:32 CDT 2006

On Monday, August 28, 2006 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>> But, just out of curiousity, was this changed for V4RB 2.4.1?
>
>I think for 2.4.
>
>> Because the code in question has been in place since my app was built using
>> V4RB 1.  Why is it all of a sudden not working?
>
>Then it sounds like Valentina 1.x also did this semantic mistake.
>May be 1.x have correct only RecID...
>
>I hope it is clear that we cannot use ObjectPtr and RecID inside of cursor.
>Because if you cast to ObjectPtr then you start to think that you can access
>e.g. TargetTable, DeletionControl, but you cannot. You have in cursor not
>original field, but its clone

In my case, I was passing in the recid of the target record as an integer.  This is correct, no?  I understand what you mean that it is not really a recid, but just the numeric representation.  I have no problem with that, I was just caught short on the sudden change.  I used the casting just as I cast all the other fields, but I never gave much thought to using the field as an ObjectPtr.

I'm just glad to know that this is not a bug or something hard to fix!  :-)

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/