Casting VObjectPtr

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 28 15:22:41 CDT 2006

On 8/28/06 3:13 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

>> I have remember, yes I have fix this mistake.
>>
>> Cursor cannot have field of type ObjectPtr or RecID.
>> Such types columns can exist only in Table.
>>
>> So when you build cursor Valentina replace them on ULONG type.
>> Column which just keep ulong values.
>>
>> In fact Valentina 1.x did work always in the same way.
>>
>> So you need cast to VULong
>>

> This is good news because the fix is easy for me.
>
> But, just out of curiousity, was this changed for V4RB 2.4.1?

I think for 2.4.

> Because the code in question has been in place since my app was built using
> V4RB 1.  Why is it all of a sudden not working?

Then it sounds like Valentina 1.x also did this semantic mistake.
May be 1.x have correct only RecID...

I hope it is clear that we cannot use ObjectPtr and RecID inside of cursor.
Because if you cast to ObjectPtr then you start to think that you can access
e.g. TargetTable, DeletionControl, but you cannot. You have in cursor not
original field, but its clone