Casting VObjectPtr

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Aug 28 08:13:51 CDT 2006

On Monday, August 28, 2006 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>>> Strange. And field(10) returns really the same field of ObjectPtr type ?
>>> Please check
>>>
>>>    fld = cursor.Filed(10)
>>>
>>>    fld.type
>>>    fld.name
>>
>> OK, the field type is returning 9 - kTypeULong according to the docs.  But the
>> name field is returning the correct name for the field - labelPtr.   Very
>> strange to me.
>
>Aha, all right!
>
>I have remember, yes I have fix this mistake.
>
>Cursor cannot have field of type ObjectPtr or RecID.
>Such types columns can exist only in Table.
>
>So when you build cursor Valentina replace them on ULONG type.
>Column which just keep ulong values.
>
>In fact Valentina 1.x did work always in the same way.
>
>So you need cast to VULong

This is good news because the fix is easy for me.

But, just out of curiousity, was this changed for V4RB 2.4.1?  Because the code in question has been in place since my app was built using V4RB 1.  Why is it all of a sudden not working?

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/