Valentina Studio

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Mon Aug 14 15:13:05 CDT 2006

> I've just tried deleting everything and starting again. Deleted the
> server, deleted VStudio and re-installed everything from scratch. I
> am now connected on the local machine (localhost) and have it working.
OK, scrub that, I _thought_ I had it working. I had a connection to
localhost but was actually creating the databases separately under
Valentina 2.x databases rather than under localhost via the server.
It seems I can create and edit local (non server based) dbs fine but
can't do the same with the server.

Which raises the question, if I create some local databases, how do I
get server to recognise and serve them? Placing them into the VServer/
Databses folder doesn't seem to work (BTW, I'm reading as many docs
and the wiki as I go but there's a few holes in the docs which is
making life difficult)

I'm trying to get all this sorted out before I start writing a
program to connect - I don't want to be confusing errors between an
application and the database.

cheers

kim