Valentina Studio

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 22:52:36 CDT 2006

On 8/13/06 10:28 PM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

> I'm new to Valentina and am having some problems with VStudio (2.4).
>
> I've installed Valentina server onto a spare PowerMac (10.4.7, 1 GB
> Ram) and am trying to connect via VStudio. I can connect locally and
> create a database, but as soon as I try to create a table VStudio
> crashes. I've restarted, re-installed, deleted all databases and
> started again, all with the same result.
>
> I've also tried remotely over the LAN but I can't even create a table
> without a crash. I'm also seeing lots of spinning beach balls (which
> is actually quite rare here)
>
> Is anyone using VStudio successfully on Mac OSX? Does anyone have a
> suggestion for anything to try?

I had a few problems with the current release of Vstudio this morning on
X.4.7...they seemed to go away after I trashed the "Valentina Studio" folder
in ~/Library/Application Support/.

It also seems to be throwing some strange messages to the console (malloc
errors), and some other error messages.

My advice is trash the folder described above first. You'll have to enter
your serial number again afterward.

Overall, in my opinion, Vstudio is getting better and better all the time.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC