Issues

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 21 19:51:27 CDT 2006

On 4/21/06 7:22 PM, "Brandon" <bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

> Please let me know the absolute way to install your software so that
> everything will work properly and we do not have to work around all of
> these issues. Also, if we cannot resolve issues 1 and 2 above then we
> will have to abandon Valentina and use something else. This is NOT what
> I want to do.

Then please

1) help us with bugs by adding them into Mantis.
    you can see that we fix practically 99% of entered issues in short time,
    if you specify how to reproduce.

Instead of describe issue on list, just copy-past them each as SEPARATE
issue into Mantis. If they is not report in Mantis then our developers do
not know about this bug.

2) provide us please with your timeline.

3) about Vstudio + Vserver.

Ivan already 2 weeks work hard to develop new protocol for Vclient +
Vserver. As far as I know, he have already done practically all low-level
tests for new protocol. Now task will be develop new vclient based on this
protocol. We estimate this in about 2 weeks of work..

We expected that this new protocol will bring us expected stability.
And we will be able implement at last of end in complete way all API methods
we have claim will work in the same way for LOCAL and SERVER.

Now I will start read carefully your issues. And answer on them

*** One more ***

I remember that on Valentina Studio list you have specify steps which cause
crash of Vstudio + Vserver. Kirill have fix this on the SECOND day after
your report and we have upload new Vstudio build. But we have not get from
you any feedback on that fix.

We try to be as responsive as possible in bug fixes. But please help us keep
this fast temp of development. If we fix your bugs, check them and confirm
or reopen ASAP (while developer still keep issue in brain).

You could note that we are able fix bugs and ship new build of Vstudio even
in one day if that is urgent and we can reproduce problem.