Issues

Brandon bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com
Fri Apr 21 12:35:37 CDT 2006

Ruslan,

I am new to Valentina. Was not aware of Mantis. I just signed up and I
am awaiting a confirmation email. I will submit all bug reports there.

> 2) provide us please with your timeline.

Not sure what you mean by this.

> 3) about Vstudio + Vserver.

> Ivan already 2 weeks work hard to develop new protocol for Vclient +
Vserver. As far as I know, he have already done practically all
low-level tests for new protocol. Now task will be develop new vclient
based on this protocol. We estimate this in about 2 weeks of work..

> We expected that this new protocol will bring us expected stability.
And we will be able implement at last of end in complete way all API
methods we have claim will work in the same way for LOCAL and SERVER.

OK. I guess I am a nooby. I thought vServer was stable and already had
the same API as local databases. No problem. Just let me know what is
not implemented? For example, could this explain my issue with vBLOB
fields seeming to work on local database but not on vServer?

> I remember that on Valentina Studio list you have specify steps which
cause crash of Vstudio + Vserver. Kirill have fix this on the SECOND day
after your report and we have upload new Vstudio build. But we have not
get from you any feedback on that fix.

> We try to be as responsive as possible in bug fixes. But please help
us keep this fast temp of development. If we fix your bugs, check them
and confirm or reopen ASAP (while developer still keep issue in brain).

Sorry no feedback. I was not aware that any fix was implemented for my
specific issue. I *thought* a new version was on your website. Then
after downloading I was confused and did not know if it was different
from what I was using. If I remember correctly, the version number did
not seem to be right. Anyway, I have re-downloaded as recent as 2 days
ago. The problems I am having when accessing client/server databases is
constant crashes. Now I cannot even connect to the server. Software
crashes instantly. This is why I am wondering if it has anything to do
with the sequence of installing. I cannot imagine that others are having
the same issues as me. Unless I am the only Windows user attempting to
connect to vServer with vStudio. Could this be true?

Regard,

Brandon