Issues

Brandon bwarlick at sunbelt-graphics.com
Fri Apr 21 11:22:04 CDT 2006

Ruslan,

We are using:
-Windows XP
-RealBasic2006r2 (STANDARD VERSION)
-Valentina for RealBasic 2.3
-Valentina Office Server 2.3
-vStudio, Win32 2.3fc18

We have been working/testing Valentina for about 2 weeks. Using
RealBasic Classes method.

1.) vStudio works with local databases. vStudio crashes when accessing
vServer in Client/server mode. It is not usable. Is there anyone using
vStudio with vServer on Windows?  As of now, when I load vStudio, then
choose File>Connect To.. Then Datasource=Valentina Server Host= User=SA
Password=SA - Press Connect - No errors - just entire application closes
instantly.

2.) We created a LOCAL database with a vBLOB field in RB. We wrote a
small RB application that added 5000 records using the vBlob.FromFile
method then it read the records and saved the binary files back out
using vBlob.ToFile. It worked great. Then we attempted the same thing
using vServer in Client/Server mode. We are able to save the binary
files into the vBLOB field but we are not able to read the files back
out using the vBLOB.ToFile method. This is the error that occurs when
the code vBLOB.ToFile is executed:  "An identifier (0x1451FC0) was
specified while processing client request. Exception Error Number:
533779". We have worked on this for 6 hours and cannot resolve it.

3.) When we close RealBasic then re-open it and load a Valentina
project, we get the following Failed Assertion: plugin.cpp: 7417 Failure
Condition: pluginEntryTable.GetEntry( entrypointName, out) can't find
plugin method VRBDataBase.__init. We have found that if we resave the
project code in XML format instead of RealBasic (rbp) format the issue
goes away. Why is this?

4.) We are using the STANDARD version of RealBasic - not professional.
So, we placed DisableRBDB file in the plugins folder to prevent
RealBasic from going into demo mode. This does not work. We found that
it only works if we create a shortcut on the desktop that loads
RealBasic and if we put "Start in: "C:\Program Files\REAL
Software\REALbasic 2006r2\" this resolves the issue. Maybe this has
something to do with issue #3 above?

5.) First we installed Valentina for RealBasic, then vStudio. When we
create a local database in RealBasic and then simply use vStudio to
browse it, then our RealBasic application cannot read the data anymore.
I think it was a database version issue. It took many hours of wasted
time to determine this. So, we reinstalled in a different sequence,
vStudio first THEN Valentina for RealBasic. Now vStudio does not cause
the data to be unreadable for RealBasic application. But maybe this is
causing other problems?

Please let me know the absolute way to install your software so that
everything will work properly and we do not have to work around all of
these issues. Also, if we cannot resolve issues 1 and 2 above then we
will have to abandon Valentina and use something else. This is NOT what
I want to do.

Thank You,

Brandon