Valentina Databases on Mac/PC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 25 23:13:22 CDT 2005

On 10/25/05 9:22 PM, "Milan" <milan at mook.co.uk> wrote:

> OK, I've installed on another PC, and, weirdly, it works OK! Could there
> be some leftover DLL files somewhere from an old install on the other
> machine (the one it still won't work on)?

Ok

Only problem with Windows we have see few times:

    if PATH variable is too long, then Windows do not see the
    last paths. But then Xtra is not recognized.

> I feel like I am making progress, but crucially, I'm still hitting my
> original problem. On the PC that is running the Xtra OK, I can create
> and access a database, but if I then try and query the database on the
> Mac it doesn't work, and I don't receive any errors.

Can you

A) make such db on Windows using our example AddUpdateRecords
B) test it on MAC.

If this not works for you then send me that db.

> The same situation
> works in reverse - if I create and access the database on a Mac it works
> OK, but if I then try to query the database on a PC it comes back with
> no search results.
>
> Are the Valentina database files stored in a format that would cause
> cross-platform issues?

No. it should work fine of course.