VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 9 20:23:58 CDT 2005

On 5/9/05 8:07 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

>>> I'm using 2.5.1 so this may have changed since 2.1 but Valentina
>>> isn't on by default in Revolution.  You have to use revdb.  To access
>>> the Valentina() calls directly you have to assign the VXCMD external.
>>
>> And it needs assign not VXCMD lib which is in installation,
>> but download and install from Paradigma, right ?
>
> I just tested this and if I set the externals property of a stack to
> the VXCMD_macho contained in the MacOS folder of the VXCMD_Macho driver
> that comes with Revolution 2.5.1 it DOES NOT work.  The VXCMD_macho
> file that comes with Rev is an executable file, not a bundle.
>
> If I set the externals property of the stack to the VXCMD_Macho_MC file
> I downloaded from the paradigma website then it DOES work.  So I think
> I was correct initially when I said you couldn't update the valentina
> driver that is used by revdb (on OS X at least).  They are not the same
> type of file.

Trevor,

Rev 2.5.1 really install VXCMD produced NOT by Paradigma.

Rev guys self have take our C++ SDK and produce
    VXCMD_macho (it is bad that they use our name!!!)
    which support only REV DB way.

Now I think that in theory it is possible to have 2 driver.
But again IMHO this is not best way.

If we keep all in one, then you can mix both ways I think.
For example database Ref from REVDB ca be used with Valentina API.