VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon May 9 10:36:23 CDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Trevor,
>
> Rev 2.5.1 really install VXCMD produced NOT by Paradigma.
>
> Rev guys self have take our C++ SDK and produce
>     VXCMD_macho (it is bad that they use our name!!!)
>     which support only REV DB way.
>
> Now I think that in theory it is possible to have 2 driver.
> But again IMHO this is not best way.

Agreed.  Having to wait for Revolution to be updated in order to get
the latest version of Valentina running with it under revdb is not
ideal.

> If we keep all in one, then you can mix both ways I think.
> For example database Ref from REVDB ca be used with Valentina API.

There are calls in revdb for accessing valentina database refs though
they are not documented.  I have talked about this with the person who
deals with RevDB and he is going to get me some information on it when
he has some time.  It would be great to use the revdb calls for
everything that wasn't Valentina specific and still be able to call
Valentina() when the need arises.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia