VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon May 9 10:07:25 CDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 1:52 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> I am NOT sure now...
>
> Hmm, it seems Revolution guys have take our C++ SDK for ProjectBuilder
> and
> have compile self version of VXCMD which support REV DB only.
> And they did not inform us about this...
>
> Now have sense words that it not support Valentina way.
> Although why they point old 1.9.7beta version then ?
> They was need recompile with 1.11 version of VSDK.
>
> I think this is bad, because this also may break existed RevDB API
> which has
> VXCMD that Paradigma Compile.
>
> Kevin, I think we need workout this technical issues and do not
> produce 2
> different VXCMD, than more with the same name...

I think you are right.  On OS X you can't swap out the included
Valentina version.  Rev does not come with the VXCMD bundle so there
isn't a way to swap a new one in.

>> I'm using 2.5.1 so this may have changed since 2.1 but Valentina
>> isn't on by default in Revolution.  You have to use revdb.  To access
>> the Valentina() calls directly you have to assign the VXCMD external.
>
> And it needs assign not VXCMD lib which is in installation,
> but download and install from Paradigma, right ?

I just tested this and if I set the externals property of a stack to
the VXCMD_macho contained in the MacOS folder of the VXCMD_Macho driver
that comes with Revolution 2.5.1 it DOES NOT work.  The VXCMD_macho
file that comes with Rev is an executable file, not a bundle.

If I set the externals property of the stack to the VXCMD_Macho_MC file
I downloaded from the paradigma website then it DOES work.  So I think
I was correct initially when I said you couldn't update the valentina
driver that is used by revdb (on OS X at least).  They are not the same
type of file.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia