VXCMD 1.x and Revolution 2.1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 9 11:52:32 CDT 2005

On 5/9/05 3:00 AM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 4:17 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>
>> Actually VXCMD which we produce also should work as RevDB,
>> We have together develop API with Revolution guys.
>
> Hmm, I have never been able to swap the VXCMD_macho I downloaded from
> the Valentina site with the one in the revdb driver folder.  I tried
> updating the version once and couldn't get it to work.  When looking
> at the package contents of the VXCMD from the Paradigma website it
> doesn't match the revdb VXCMD_macho folder (which has the
> VSDK.framekwork).
>
> Are you sure they can be swapped?

I am NOT sure now...

Hmm, it seems Revolution guys have take our C++ SDK for ProjectBuilder and
have compile self version of VXCMD which support REV DB only.
And they did not inform us about this...

Now have sense words that it not support Valentina way.
Although why they point old 1.9.7beta version then ?
They was need recompile with 1.11 version of VSDK.

I think this is bad, because this also may break existed RevDB API which has
VXCMD that Paradigma Compile.

Kevin, I think we need workout this technical issues and do not produce 2
different VXCMD, than more with the same name...

>> And VXCMD which Revolution have on default also should support
>> standard VXCMD 1.x functions.
>>
>> Strange...
>
> I'm using 2.5.1 so this may have changed since 2.1 but Valentina
> isn't on by default in Revolution.  You have to use revdb.  To access
> the Valentina() calls directly you have to assign the VXCMD external.

And it needs assign not VXCMD lib which is in installation,
but download and install from Paradigma, right ?