[V4MD] accented characters (once again)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 6 11:45:46 CST 2005

On 1/6/05 11:03 AM, "Hans-Joerg Bibiko" <bibiko at eva.mpg.de> wrote:

Hi Hans,

>>> I didn't specify any language because the data are multi-lingual. All fields
>>> are 'ASCII'.
>>

>> AND THIS IS sources of your problem.
> many thanks but,
>
> I never set the language before and it worked everything fine for me.

It could work on THE SAME platform, right?
But when you move file to other platform -- problems.

> I can't
> set any language  because the data are multi-lingual.

STOP. In the same field you keep data from the different languages?

Hans, this is not allowed.
You can have field for German, and field for French,
But you should not MIX different languages.

Only with Unicode this will be possible (Valentina 2.0)

> But I have a question:
>
> Could it be that the problem occurs with the Valentina field type 'TEXT' only?

Yes, This was a fact in some older version.
Make sure that you use 1.11 V4MD.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com