[V4MD] accented characters (once again)

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Jan 6 10:03:39 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

>>>what is your language setting? Did you set it to German?
>>
>>I didn't specify any language because the data are multi-lingual. All fields
>>are 'ASCII'.
>

> AND THIS IS sources of your problem.
many thanks but,

I never set the language before and it worked everything fine for me. I can't set any language
because the data are multi-lingual.

But I have a question:

Could it be that the problem occurs with the Valentina field type 'TEXT' only?
I also used this field type for the first time.

In my databases I always used 'VARCHAR' for storing strings. Now I have to store strings which are
larger than 64k so I took a 'TEXT' field. If I understood it right 'TEXT' saves my string in binary
format like pictures.
Are there any internal conversations of characters like in 'VARCHAR'?
Could this issue be the problem's source?

All the best

Hans