[V4MD] accented characters (once again) + IMPORTANT QUESTION OUT OF TOPIC

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Jan 6 15:35:01 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

 >>Could it be that the problem occurs with the Valentina field type 'TEXT' only?
 >

 > Yes, This was a fact in some older version.
 > Make sure that you use 1.11 V4MD.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, my fault!!!!!
I forgot to rename my Valentina xtra. I played with both versions.
Now I use Valentina 1.11 for Director and it works!!!!
Sorry for bothering you with my mistake!

BTW:
>>I never set the language before and it worked everything fine for me.
>
> It could work on THE SAME platform, right?
> But when you move file to other platform -- problems.
No, for me it works (now ;) )

>>I can't
>>set any language  because the data are multi-lingual.
>
> STOP. In the same field you keep data from the different languages?
>
> Hans, this is not allowed.
> You can have field for German, and field for French,
> But you should not MIX different languages.

Maybe it was a bit unclear, I don't use the language tag because my sentences are written in
English, only proper names have e.g. the German Umlaut, French cedille, Spanish n with tilde, etc. I
only use the extended ASCII character set.

Many thanks
Hans

!!!!!!!!!  IMPORTANT QUESTION OUT OF TOPIC  !!!!!!!!!!
Our institute is receiving some photos of missing persons or children who are lost of the terrible
tsunami disaster in South East Asia. May I and is it possible to post these messages with an
attached jpg-picture coming from the help organizations at this list in order to give these people a
chance to find their relatives?