Rev standalone with VXCMD

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Feb 27 00:42:55 CST 2005

>Thank you, Robert.
>
>As regard the MacOS standalone, I found the solution : the CODE
>resource Valentina was not duplicated in the standalone resource
>fork by the standalone maker. Adding it manually made standalone
>working normally.

Ah, yes, standalone maker does not copy Mac resources.

>However, the problem with the Win32 standalone is remaining.
>In my startup handler, the path to "VXCMD_Win_MC.DLL" is relative,
>so, in theory, it must be found by the standalone.
>(I was obliged to set a flag in the rev handler SavingStandalone
>that I added to avoid a double startup with error 32, etc.)
>
>In fact, the standalone maker put "VXCMD.dll" in the standalone
>folder in place of "VXCMD_Win_MC.DLL" and then I get the "Execution
>error" dialog. (I do not know where "VXCMD.dll" is found !)

Compare file info. It may be the same file just renamed. But may be
standalone maker pulls some older version out from Rev distro.

>When I added the "VXCMD_Win_MC.DLL" into the standalone folder,
>removing or not "VXCMD.dll" , I get a system error "Windows
>exception not handled" and the standalone does not launch.
>
>Do you have any idea ?
>Thanks in advance,

Sorry, no, I am not producing standalones, so my experience here is
limited. I suggest you post this problem on rev-use list or search
their archive. I recall that being discussed some time ago.

Robert