Problem installing Valentina Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 22 09:43:37 CST 2005

On 12/21/05 11:50 PM, "Michael Krugman" <amacdr at mac.com> wrote:

> Rusian:
>
> How much has this changed from 2.0a67?  I downloaded the new
> Valentina Sever.  I installed it.  After the installation and I
> restarted, I don't find the same files in the new Server as were in
> the previous ones.  The VServer_2 instructions seem to be the same as
> previous versions, but the files are not.

Now VServer is made as package, so to see internal files
    do Show package

Script changed to reflect this:

------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

##
# Start Valentina Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Starting Valentina Server"
    /Library/VServer_Office/VServer_Office.app/Contents/MacOS/VServer_Office
}

StopService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Stopping Valentina Server"
}

RestartService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Restarting Valentina Server"
}

RunService "$1"
--------------------------------

When I have told you check script, I mean note, that Tiger require write it
in above form when you specify 3 functions: StartService (), ...

> In VServer_Office, I find: (Installed in /Library)
>
> Databases folder, with master.vdb inside
> licenses folder
> vServer_Office APPLICATION, not Unix executable like before
> VServer_Office.ini

right

> In /Library/Startupitems:
>
> vServer_Office and the files are the same.

Right.

But script itself was changed.

> As you can see, there is no Unix executable AND there is no
> Server.DYLIB file.
>
> Is this correct?

No, they are inside of package.

But this is just cosmetic!

If you will use VServer 1.x, then this is not important for you.
Important is to write correct script. Btw, this script works for 10.3 also.