Problem installing Valentina Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 21 22:32:24 CST 2005

On 12/21/05 10:20 PM, "Michael Krugman" <amacdr at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi List:
>
> I have a problem that I can't seem to find any solution for, so I
> thought I would try here.  I have been a longtime user of Valentina
> DB.  We built an installer that installs XYZServer into /Library, and
> XYZServer into /Library/Startupitems.  Since 10.4, each install we do
> gives us a permission error in /Library/Startupitems.  The error is
> generated by OS X.  It gives the option to FIX the permission
> problem.  The user clicks FIX, then another dialog informs the user
> the fix has been completed and they must restart the computer.  When
> the user clicks restart, the system hangs. All of the icons disappear
> and the background is visible.  The system will sit this way until
> manually turning it off, then restarting.  Has anyone else
> experienced this?  If so, can you help me with a solution?  This
> behavior happens every single time and can be easily recreated.
> Thanks in advance...

Yes Michael,

I also did fight with this problem on 10.4 few month ago.

Problem is that when you prepare files to be packaged,
You need setup correct permissions for folders/files which go to
    /Library folders.

You can install our Valentina Server and see what this permissions are.

In fact all files in the /Library/Startupitems have that permissions.
So check them and set for your own files also the same