Problem installing Valentina Server

Michael Krugman amacdr at mac.com
Wed Dec 21 14:20:26 CST 2005

Hi List:

I have a problem that I can't seem to find any solution for, so I
thought I would try here.  I have been a longtime user of Valentina
DB.  We built an installer that installs XYZServer into /Library, and
XYZServer into /Library/Startupitems.  Since 10.4, each install we do
gives us a permission error in /Library/Startupitems.  The error is
generated by OS X.  It gives the option to FIX the permission
problem.  The user clicks FIX, then another dialog informs the user
the fix has been completed and they must restart the computer.  When
the user clicks restart, the system hangs. All of the icons disappear
and the background is visible.  The system will sit this way until
manually turning it off, then restarting.  Has anyone else
experienced this?  If so, can you help me with a solution?  This
behavior happens every single time and can be easily recreated.
Thanks in advance...

Mike Krugman