Odd Errors returned

michael geary listmail at gearyweb.com
Thu Apr 14 10:56:07 CDT 2005

My database _was_ substantially smaller, but like you, i had no
problems until I tried doing a mass insert, then I'd consistently get a
-39 error. This was on OS X.

DumpXML/LoadXML was the only thing that worked for me. I tried
"Diagnose", "Compact", etc. to no avail.

This is why, while I'm a big fan of Valentina, I don't ever make it my
primary database. I usually have a MySQL database to manage the data,
and I export the data to Valentina when changes happen. I'm just not
entirely comfortable with the anti-corruption features (at least of
version 1) while the database is still being modified.

Hope that helps,

michael geary