Answers on Embedded Server Licensing (was RE: Valentina Embedded Server 5 Connections (for ever?))

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Apr 3 19:15:03 CDT 2005

> Let's say I become a VDN member for 2 years.
>
>  From paradigmasoft website:
> > ...As a Valentina Developer Network member, you can deploy
> Valentina 2
> > Embedded Server royalty free....
>
> So if I build 30 different REALbasic applications based on
> valentina 5 user embedded server, all 30 applications will be
> 5 user applications?
> is this correct?

Yes. The Embedded Server is initialized to allow five simultaneous
connections. What you do in your REALbasic app is up to you.

> >  When you application initializes the runtime, Embedded Server
> > automatically supports five simultaneous connections. These
> > connections are "unnamed" so it doesn't matter.......
> >

> So, when the 2 years are over, the
> 5-user-database-application I wrote (with realbasic and V4RB)
> will ???? stop working ???? for my clients?

No! At the end of 2 years, unless you renew, you will not be entitled to
newest updates to Embedded Server. But *you can still keep compiling with
the version of Embedded Server* you had while your membership was still
active.

We think having apps die is crazy!

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks