Answers on Embedded Server Licensing (was RE: Valentina Embedded Server 5 Connections (for ever?))

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 4 08:59:38 CDT 2005

On 4/4/05 5:15 AM, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

>>>  When you application initializes the runtime, Embedded Server
>>> automatically supports five simultaneous connections. These
>>> connections are "unnamed" so it doesn't matter.......
>>>

>> So, when the 2 years are over, the
>> 5-user-database-application I wrote (with realbasic and V4RB)
>> will ???? stop working ???? for my clients?
>
> No! At the end of 2 years, unless you renew, you will not be entitled to
> newest updates to Embedded Server. But *you can still keep compiling with
> the version of Embedded Server* you had while your membership was still
> active.
>
> We think having apps die is crazy!

Lynn, may be it needs write on web site directly something as:

    End of subscription means that you stop get new upgrades,
    but you still can use your latest version of products
    as long as you want.

    To get newer versions you need subscribe to the next period.

It seems people very often think that their apps will stop work.