VServer beginner questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 19 20:44:17 CDT 2004

On 9/19/04 8:07 PM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> Hello list,
>
> I've just installed the vServer & V4RBClient beta on my OSX 10.3.5
> machine
> and I have some questions (RB 5.5):
>
> is it normal that the master.vdb is owned by the system and is read
> only?
>
> why can't I open it in vApp or vStudio (-61 error)
> (even if read only I should be able to open it to see its contents)

Because I think you still have Vserver running!
And it keep database.

-- so you cannot open it by any other application.
    to be able open file directly, you need STOP server.

-- but this is not required!

    you can use Valentina Studio,
        NOT for open db files directly as you are used to do
        But to CONNECT to Server!

    Find this command in Vstudio!
    Menu File -> connect...

In this way you can connect to Server and browse in Vstudio dbs which server
owns

> What's the use of the FolderItem parameter in the DB.Create function if
> every new DB is created in the Databases folder of ValentinaServer as
> specified in the .init file? (a string would be appropriate instead)

FolderItem simply contains NAME of db file, not a path.

Look into example of V4RB Client

> why can't I look into the DB object in the debugger?
> (demo app crashes whenever I make such attempt)

Mmmm, in V4RB__Client example ?

Don't know.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com