VServer beginner questions

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Sun Sep 19 19:07:11 CDT 2004

Hello list,

I've just installed the vServer & V4RBClient beta on my OSX 10.3.5
machine
and I have some questions (RB 5.5):

is it normal that the master.vdb is owned by the system and is read
only?

why can't I open it in vApp or vStudio (-61 error)
(even if read only I should be able to open it to see its contents)

What's the use of the FolderItem parameter in the DB.Create function if
every new DB is created in the Databases folder of ValentinaServer as
specified in the .init file? (a string would be appropriate instead)

why can't I look into the DB object in the debugger?
(demo app crashes whenever I make such attempt)

thanks for listening

Cool Runnings,
Erne.