Help on scripting languages

Peter McConachie pmccon at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 6 10:52:07 CDT 2004

Hi Everyone

I know that a lot of subscribers to this list use Revolution, Director and
other scripting languages.

I'm trying to make a comparison of different scripting languages for a talk
I'm to present in the near future. I would like some assistance on one
point.

It seems to me that Revolution and SuperCard are unique in the way they
provide frontScript and backScript functionality to the message path. This
allows some unique opportunities.

Can anyone tell me the following:

1. Does this functionality exist native in any other scripting languages ?

2. It does not appear native in Director. Has anyone managed to create a
workaround where one can have a script or object other than the normal cast
members get first crack at system messages ?

3. Can anyone advance a reason why is it that more languages do not provide
? For example if I was to consider a Windows based language like Delphi is
it simply that Delphi chooses not to implement or cant because of the way
such an application handles messages passed to it from Windows ?

With thanks
Peter McConachie