[VNET] valentina sql

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 14:58:30 CST 2004

on 24/3/04 6:29, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> You mean you work with Geraint?

Yes.

> 2) I still do not understand what you do not like in Escaping.
>   Valentina do not care about double quotes.
>
>   about double quotes can care only C# itself,
>   if you enter string constants at your code, but I do not think
>   you do this. At runtime, C# remove escapes from double quotes
>
>   so if you want let's discuss this on examples.
>       I have this
>       I get this
>       I want get this

I don't quite get what you mean about it not caring about double quotes. If
I have a string like this:

"Hello "abc" and 'def' (1)"

I would expect it to be escaped thus:

"Hello \"abc\" and \'def\' (1)"

But ValentinaEscapeString escapes it like this:

"Hello "abc" and \'def\' (1)"

Though if I do it in regex mode:

"Hello \"abc\" and \'def\' \(1\)"

This itself isn't such a big problem, but on retrieval, valentina
automatically removes the escaping, but only for quotes, leaving me with:

"Hello "abc" and 'def' \(1\)"

I'm not quite sure how all this works in C# as Geraint is dealing with that,
but this is the problem I'm seeing in Director.

I'm suggesting to Geraint that he uses a different escaping function that
behaves like the PHP addslashes function (which only escapes quotes and the
\ char).

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture