[VNET] valentina sql

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 24 08:29:19 CST 2004

On 3/24/04 1:44 AM, "Marcus Bointon" <marcus at synchromedia.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Marcus,

>>> Hi Geraint,
>>>
>>> You can use ValentinaEscapeString()
>
> I'm on the other end of this project, accepting databases created with this
> .NET tool in V4MD. The problem we're having is that the "normal"

You mean you work with Geraint?

> ValentinaEscapeString doesn't quite do enough, and the "regex" escape does a
> bit too much. The problem is that we have strings containing both double and
> single quotes. As far as I can see, Valentina does automatically unescape
> both quote types on retrieval, but not other chars such as ( and ). Before I
> write a lingo unescape function, is there something I've missed that could
> do it for me?

Actually I have recommend to use binded params!
This is much easier and effective than do escaping

2) I still do not understand what you do not like in Escaping.
    Valentina do not care about double quotes.

    about double quotes can care only C# itself,
    if you enter string constants at your code, but I do not think
    you do this. At runtime, C# remove escapes from double quotes

    so if you want let's discuss this on examples.
        I have this
        I get this
        I want get this

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com