[slightly OT] xml vs db

Denis Bélisle denis at gunt.com
Wed Mar 10 22:05:16 CST 2004

Hi,

I have a potential client that has about 70,000 small xml documents for
which he would like a multimedia front end application that can search
and cross-reference them in a variety of ways.  I was initially
thinking of converting the xml and make a database out of it, but after
researching the matter, it seems to be a little more complicated than
it appeared at first. Anyone has some leads I could follow to help me
build up a better understanding of the issues involved in xml vs
databases? And does Valentina have any special affinity with xml (apart
from the dump/load functions)?

Thanks in advance,

Denis